A native of Canada, Dr. Tessler has been practicing plastic surgery since 2010 and joined LSU Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery in 2013. Dr. Tessler specializes in cosmetic and reconstructive breast surgery, microsurgery, migraine surgery, and cosmetic surgery of the face and body. He is highly skilled and extensively trained in these specialized disciplines. He is also certified as a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. In addition, Dr. Tessler serves as both the Director of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and Assistant Professor of Clinical Surgery at University Hospital.
Dr. Tessler earned his combined medical degree and masters in business administration from McGill University in Montreal, Quebec, Canada in 2005 – and also completed his residency in Plastic and Reconstructive surgery at McGill University in 2010. Dr. Tessler went on to complete a clinical fellowship in Reconstructive Aesthetic Breast Surgery at Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, in Boston, Massachusetts in 2013.
Dr. Tessler’s has held clinical teaching responsibilities at several institutions, mentoring residents from esteemed universities, such as Harvard University, University of British Columbia, University of Sherbrooke, Louisiana State University, and Tulane University. Further, Dr. Tessler has directed many clinical rotations at these institutions.
He has been published in several prominent medical journals and has more than a dozen published abstracts. Dr. Tessler has also made a number of medical presentations at regional, national and international surgeon’s meetings.
• Fellow, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
• Member, Massachusetts Medical Society
• Member, College des Medecins du Quebec
• Member, Federation des Medecins Specialistes du Quebec
• Member, Association des Specialistes en Chirurgie Plastique et Esthetique du Quebec
• Member, Canadian Medical Association
• Member, American Medical Association
• Junior Member, Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons
• Resident & Fellow Forum Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons